Monday, January 23, 2012

Yada Yada Yada


Here I am writing this blog.  Do I think I have great original thoughts?  Not really.  I don't think anyone really does.  I think that everything that has been thought has been thought before, in some form.  But I do enjoy writing and some people who have read my writing have told me I should write a book and I have unique opinions about things.  Usually people say I should write a book about having triplets, especially what it was like to raise Ryan.  I don't have the willpower to write a book.  I have the willpower to spend 20 minutes writing this blog.  That's about it.  So, here is my contribution to the word bank of the world.  There is way too much information out there for us to process on a daily basis already.  I'll throw my 2 cents in but I don't expect much from it.  Be that as it may... as my dad would say.  :)

My words and thoughts are not new, like I said before.  Not too original, not earth shattering.  Yada-Yada-Yada. 

My over-all life experiences aren't that different than most others either.  I have 3 kids, I'm married, I work full-time.  We have a busy normal life.  Last week was difficult because I had a spinal tap.  I really wouldn't wish that on anyone.  The procedure itself was uncomfortable but it only lasted about 30 minutes.  The terrible headaches afterward were the worst part.  I had those off and on for 5 days.  I had to stay in bed, basically flat on my back, for that whole time.  That is not easy for a busy mom who is used to taking care of things everyday.

The initial spinal tap results show no sign of cancer (since I have this cyst in my spinal cord).  I am going to have to wait a week to see if there are any signs of MS.  Honestly, I feel that will be negative.  I think my symptoms are purely related to this rare occurance of this cyst and it is treatable or endurable and will not change my life significantly.  I may not go skydiving in my lifetime because of it, but I wasn't planning on it anyway.  :)

 Everyone living has a limitation of some kind, whether it is temporary or permanent. We may all be different, but we are also all alike.  Our stories are valuable, but they are also all the same in basic ways. Since we are all adults, we have all had broken hearts, we have all had financial pressures of some kind, we have all experienced unexpected circumstances that put us in a bind and caused serious stress.

These common circumstances we all live through reminds me of this verse:  (please excuse the additions) 

1st Corinthians 10:13 

"No temptation (pain/hardship) has overtaken you that is not common to man.  God IS FAITHFUL and He will NOT let you be tempted (hurt) beyond your ability but with the temptation (pain/hardship), He will also provide a way of escape (relief/support) that you may be able to endure it." 

So here I am with my non-original thoughts with my non-original problems but that is good.  It means we are not alone.  We have each other to have understanding and empathy.  We have God to lean on because He is faithful and He also understands.  He knows our problems and he wants us to come to Him with them.  Whether they are big or small.  Whether they are common or unique.  Whether we think He wants to hear them or not, He does.  It might sound like Yada-Yada-Yada to us, but He listens and He hears every word and thought we bring to Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment